The global event for creative entrepreneurship
2 & 3 November 2016 - Namur, Belgium
Co-funded by the EU
Creative entrepreneurs worldwide highlight common aims and concerns
The first b.creative edition took place in Namur – the capital of Wallonia, European Creative District – on the 2 and 3 November 2016. After two enticing days 40 speakers and more than 200 participants from 50 countries of 4 continents exchanged ideas, experiences and fueled debates about creative entrepreneurship.
More than 80% of the participants expressed great satisfaction (30%) and satisfaction (54%) with the event. Close to 5000 people all over the world followed #bcreative on Facebook and Twitter during the live transmission.
b.creative 2016 launched the Creative Tracks digital platform, a EU-funded project which aims to connect creative entrepreneurs worldwide. It already benefits from the involvement of around 1200 networks supporting the creative industries throughout the world.
speakers & guests
Some of the world’s most prominent figures in the creative and business sector gathered to exchange experiences
transdisciplinary topics.unique format.
The programme offered a wide range of activities which took place at the same time, giving the participants the chance to move freely from one activity to another.
Main conversation & debate topics
- Creative entrepreneurship for the 21st century
- Creativity to make innovation meaningful
- Funding creative entrepreneurship
- Creative policy making
Three creative networking opportunities
- Serious speed networking consisted of pre-arranged ‘dates’ of 15 minutes between participants (peers, mentors, investors, possible partners) according to their interest and availability.
- A network fair showcased the services of networks which already support creative entrepreneurs around the world.
- Four workshops focused on essential crossover topics: Stimulating cross-disciplinary innovation, Making the most of international networking, Branding and marketing and Creative ecosystems.
Three newcomers: two challenges and one platform
- launch of the Creative Tracks interactive platform
- launch of the b.creative challenge – an international competition addressed to young artists, cultural and creative entrepreneurs working to address a social, cultural or environmental issue.
- presentation of the Design Week Challenge by Shenzhen Design Week
It was fantastic to meet so many interesting people from different parts of the world.
Amy Satterthwaite – Changemaker Schools Canada
b.creative covered various angles of creative entrepreneurship, with really unique and varied participants. Great creative energy!
Uri Adoni – Jerusalem Venture Partners Israel
b.creative has been a great experience.
Georgia Taglietti – Head of Media at Sonar Festival Spain
on the latest developments from b.creative and Creative Tracks.