The global event for creative entrepreneurship
2 & 3 November 2016 - Namur, Belgium
Co-funded by the EU
Creative entrepreneurs worldwide highlight common aims and concerns
The first b.creative edition took place in Namur – the capital of Wallonia, European Creative District – on the 2 and 3 November 2016. After two enticing days 40 speakers and more than 200 participants from 50 countries of 4 continents exchanged ideas, experiences and fueled debates about creative entrepreneurship.
More than 80% of the participants expressed great satisfaction (30%) and satisfaction (54%) with the event. Close to 5000 people all over the world followed #bcreative on Facebook and Twitter during the live transmission.
b.creative 2016 launched the Creative Tracks digital platform, a EU-funded project which aims to connect creative entrepreneurs worldwide. It already benefits from the involvement of around 1200 networks supporting the creative industries throughout the world.
transdisciplinary topics.unique format.
The programme offered a wide range of activities which took place at the same time, giving the participants the chance to move freely from one activity to another.
Main conversation & debate topics
- Creative entrepreneurship for the 21st century
- Creativity to make innovation meaningful
- Funding creative entrepreneurship
- Creative policy making
Three creative networking opportunities
- Serious speed networking consisted of pre-arranged ‘dates’ of 15 minutes between participants (peers, mentors, investors, possible partners) according to their interest and availability.
- A network fair showcased the services of networks which already support creative entrepreneurs around the world.
- Four workshops focused on essential crossover topics: Stimulating cross-disciplinary innovation, Making the most of international networking, Branding and marketing and Creative ecosystems.
Three newcomers: two challenges and one platform
- launch of the Creative Tracks interactive platform
- launch of the b.creative challenge – an international competition addressed to young artists, cultural and creative entrepreneurs working to address a social, cultural or environmental issue.
- presentation of the Design Week Challenge by Shenzhen Design Week
It was fantastic to meet so many interesting people from different parts of the world.
Amy Satterthwaite – Changemaker Schools Canada
b.creative covered various angles of creative entrepreneurship, with really unique and varied participants. Great creative energy!
Uri Adoni – Jerusalem Venture Partners Israel
b.creative has been a great experience.
Georgia Taglietti – Head of Media at Sonar Festival Spain
on the latest developments from b.creative and Creative Tracks.